YouTube is the most popular online video-streaming site, but you cannot watch videos on YouTube due to the “You are offline” error. You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking to solve a problem or learn why an error occurs. This could be due to a number of factors, including a slow connection on your end, insufficient storage space on your iPhone, a malfunction in the YouTube app itself and more. This error can occur on any device, like an iPhone or iPad, a PC, or an Android. Here, we’ve created a list of 20 possible solutions to fix this error. To know more about How to Fix “You are Offline” Error on YouTube for PC, Android, and Mac Devices, keep reading.
Why you’re offline error occurs?
Problems with the Internet connection make it hard to watch YouTube. When you try to watch a YouTube video, you might get the “You are offline; check your internet connection” problem. If you use mobile data instead of Wifi, your mobile data may run out. Some times you might have turned on “Aeroplane mode” by accident, which would stop your apps from using mobile data or Wifi. This error can also be caused by ad blockers. VPNs are also a main cause of this error. If you use a VPN, you might not be able to watch videos on YouTube. These are the most common causes of the You are offline” error on YouTube.
How to fix “You are offline”Error on YouTube for Android?
With these steps you learn how to remove the ” you are offline “error .
- First of all, Please check your internet connection.
- When you open YouTube, it says “you are offline“but I have connected to the internet.
- To fix error go to the settings app then go to date and time settings.
- Set the correct date and time manually or use the network-provided time.
- After checking and correcting the date and time, browse the YouTube app.
- Refresh and reload the app.
Thus, you are offline fixed easily
How to fix “You are offline” error on YouTube for PC ?
Follow the steps provided to see the detailed instructions and related screenshots:
In order to correct the error message “You’re offline. If YouTube keeps saying “Please check your network connection,” try these easy steps:
- Try opening YouTube on your computer; if you see a message saying “you’re connected to the internet”, refresh the page; if you see the same message again, try opening YouTube from the desktop shortcut instead.
- Restart the YouTube app and select the “More” menu item (the three dots) from the menu bar.
- To adjust the settings, select the “three dots” option.
- Select the Reset and Clean button in the Settings menu
- Two options will appear: the first is to restore the factory settings, while the second is to clean up your computer.
- Select the Default Settings option.
- Then check that your PC’s data connection is secure.
- After a long break, start YouTube again and refresh it.
The top twenty options for fixing “You are offline” Error
You can try a variety of things, including adjusting your date and time, restarting your router, restarting YouTube, rebooting your router, disabling your ad blocker, clearing the app cache for the YouTube website, disabling your VPN, and many more. So follow these solution options to get rid of the “You are offline” error on YouTube.
# Restart YouTube
- Close and reopen YouTube to fix the “you are offline, check your internet connection” error.
- Restarting a device, closing and reopening YouTube fixes the “you are offline, check your internet connection” error. This simple step removes cache that may have caused your YouTube app to malfunction. It improves YouTube app performance.
- It fixes YouTube app bugs that cause lag and the “you are offline, check your internet connection” error. Therefore, closing and reopening YouTube is the best solution.
# Improve the YouTube app by updating it
- YouTube issues on the iPhone could be resolved by installing the latest version of the app.
- On the iPhone’s Home Screen or App Library, long-press the App Store icon and tap Updates.
- You can force a new update by dragging the screen down.
- If YouTube is an option, select the UPDATE button to access it.
# Uninstall YouTube and Re-install it
A complete uninstall and reinstall of the YouTube app may be necessary if the latest update did not resolve the problem. Please be aware that this will also delete any offline YouTube videos you may have.
# Disable Adblocker
- Ad blockers may cause the “you are offline” notice. Be online.
- Disabling YouTube ads may prompt a “you are offline” popup to check your connection.
- Hence, personal computers should disable ad-blocking software.
- Disable or uninstall browser ad blockers.
- Disabling the ad blocker lets you watch YouTube videos again. .
After checking your internet connection, if you still see “you are disconnected, check your internet connection,” keep reading.
# Verify Your Time and Date Settings
- If you keep seeing the “You’re offline, check your internet connection” warning when trying to access YouTube, your computer’s date and time may be incorrect.
- If you experience this problem, the first thing you should do is check the time and date on your computer. If it’s wrong, correct it immediately, and then see if the issue has been fixed.
# Using YouTube’s Incognito Mode
If you are experiencing issues accessing YouTube, you may want to switch to Incognito mode. You can use this almost anonymously, like in Chrome’s Incognito mode.
- Click on your user icon inside the YouTube app.
- Choose the option to begin browsing in private mode.
- A video you find should now load.
- Use the “X” in the top right corner of your screen to disable Incognito mode.
# Detox Your Device’s Memory and Your App’s Cache
If that doesn’t work, try clearing the cache in both your Windows 10 computer’s browser and your mobile device’s YouTube app.
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- After that, look for the More link in the upper right corner.
- Three, choose Extras Delete browsing data.
- At the top of the page, select a time range. Choose All Time to permanently remove all data.
- Choose “Cached pictures and files” and “Cookies and other site data,”
- You should then select Clear data in step 6.
# Delete Android/iOS Device and App Cache
- Navigate “Settings” menu, then “System Applications,” and finally “Manage Apps
- Then, press the enter key after entering “YouTube app” in the search box..
- The next step is to select the option to erase all data.
# Disconnect from Your VPN
The Virtual Private Network is now essential for our daily use of the internet. Try disabling your virtual private network connection if you are using one. If you no longer need a VPN, you can remove it from your computer or mobile device.
- Choose VPN from the Settings menu.
- Click the Status toggle in the ‘VPN Configurations’ section to activate or deactivate the VPN.
# You should Reboot Your Router
If all else fails, your Dual Band wifi router is the next best option. Turn off your router, unhook it from the wall, and give it a rest for 2 minutes.
- Plug the router back into its power supply and wait for it to boot up. Then, see if the “you are offline you tube” issue still persists by visiting the site.
- If this solution doesn’t work, don’t worry; we have another plan in place to address the problem.
# Activate Cellular data for YouTube
Go into your iPhone’s settings and activate cellular data for YouTube by selecting Cellular. Select YouTube and make sure its button is in the “on” position by returning to this page.
# Using a Hotspot Instead of Your Wifi
Using a hotspot instead of your wifi for YouTube on a Computer is another tried-and-true solution if you are getting a “you are offline, check your internet connection” problem.
- “you are offline, check your internet connection” issue is due to your wireless, this should fix the problem.
- If you have two computers, one can act as a hotspot and the other can be used to stream YouTube videos on the other laptop.
- if you don’t have two computers, you may use your smartphone as a hotspot and link your other computer to it.
- Establishing a mobile hotspot requires little effort. Simply check your phone.
# Airplane Mode on/off
You may have accidentally activated aeroplane mode on your phone, causing the “you are offline, check your internet connection” warning. The first error is “you are offline, verify your internet connection.” Make sure aeroplane mode is off. Disable if you accidentally enabled it. This should fix “you are offline”. Check your internet.
- Toggle aeroplane mode.
- Rebooting your internet connection eliminates problems, bugs, and freezes.
- Turn aeroplane mode on and off for a few seconds
- Try YouTube again to see if the “you are offline check your internet connection issue” persists.
# Improve the video quality of your uploaded videos on YouTube
- Having YouTube load slowly or stop working altogether is a common occurrence when internet speeds plummet.
- Choose a lower video quality by tapping the menu button (three dots), then selecting Quality, then Advanced.
- The quality is worst in 144p. If your internet connection isn’t great, 360p is a good choice.
# Degrade the quality of your YouTube videos
You can reduce the quality of all videos on YouTube if you have a data cap or reside in a region with consistently slow Internet.
- Settings may be accessed by tapping the user icon in the upper right corner of the YouTube app.
- Choose your desired video quality by tapping the corresponding button.
- At last, select Data saver by tapping On mobile networks or On Wi-Fi and then On mobile networks.
- Adjust YouTube’s settings to save data by switching to the lowest quality video setting.
# Try Restarting your iPhone and Wireless Router
Restarting the iPhone is a simple solution when YouTube or other apps stop responding or crash. To accomplish this, power down your iPhone and restart it one minute later. Also, if your Wi-Fi router is having problems, try turning it off at the wall and then back on again.
# Set TCP/IP
- Change your TC/IP settings. TCP and IP are essential to internet connectivity, thus this should work.
- Change TCP/IP settings here. Control panel. Launch “Network and Internet.” Locate your Network and Sharing Center.
- Click your connection. Use Ethernet or Wi-Fi. After that, select properties.
- Tap attributes again.
# Switch browsers
YouTube in Aloha, Brave, Firefox, etc.? Indeed, try Safari or Chrome. Firefox on my Mac sometimes breaks YouTube. Chrome works perfectly. This method works on iPhones and iPads.
# Exit and Re-enter your YouTube account
- When nothing else seems to work, try logging out and back in. Changing the password for your Google account can prevent you from accessing your subscriptions, so re-authenticating may be necessary.
- Select the user icon, then your name, and finally Use YouTube while logged out.
- After that, your iPhone needs to be restarted.
- Next, launch the YouTube app and sign in using the profile icon in the upper right.
Make sure you have enough free space
In the event that your iPhone only has a few megabytes of free space, you may experience sporadic crashes or app terminations from YouTube and other apps. This can be fixed by clearing any unnecessary data from your iPhone.
I hope the above method and ideas will help you to solve the problem that YouTube You’re offline error. We try to slove all your problems regarding YouTube You’re offline error on PC, iOS, Android, or desktop computer. You can fix all the issue by following this guide and can now return to enjoying your movies and YouTube Shorts.
Also check: How To Fix Pokemon Home Error Code 10015 ?