Passwords are a must, for each one of us, either to secure our precious objects or data, you can find passwords in a number of places. These are even used on our Android phones or iPhones, to protect our data. But sometimes these security features act as trouble for ourselves only. And that too, because of reasons such as poor memory, loss of attention, misinterpretation, etc. But the question that arises here is What to do If you forgot your password? The answer is that to solve this problem, you have to restore your iOS devices if you forgot your iPhone Password. To know more about how to restore your iOS device, continue reading.
How to Restore Your iPhone when You forgot Your Password?
If you forgot your iPhone password, the only way that is left with you is to reset your iPhone. Following are the different methods that you can use to reset your iPhone:
Method 1 to Restore Your iPhone
If you have an iPhone that is currently running on either iOS 15.2 or later, than you can restore your phone by the following method:
Firstly, you must have to Find My ON in your iPhone and your iPhone must be connected to the internet either through Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Now, put any digits to open your iPhone. Try putting in any random password until your iPhone will show an option of Erase iPhone in the bottom-right corner of the password screen. It is normally shown when your iPhone will say that password is disabled for 15 minutes.
Click on it, and as you will do so, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password. (your Apple ID password is a must to unlock your iPhone.)
This will reset your iPhone just like a brand-new one. It will delete your entire data and security setting, but will surely open your iPhone. You can restore your data and setting if you have taken a backup of it from time to time.
Method 2 to Restore Your iPhone
Under this method, you must have a computer, either PC or Mac to restore your iPhone. Following are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open your PC or Mac, your PC must have at least Windows 10 in it or any later version.
- Download and install iTunes if it is not present in it already. At the same time, it will require any compatible cable, you can even use the one that comes along iPhone.
- Firstly, turn off your iPhone using the method designed for your iPhone.The methods to turn off for different models are as follows:
|iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)||pressing and holding both the side buttons and the Volume down button|
|iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6||pressing and holding the side button|
|iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 5s, and earlier ones||pressing and holding the top button|
- In the next step, you will have to press the button necessary to put your iPhone in recovery mode. Following are the button for different iPhones:
|iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later versions, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)||side button present on iPhone.|
|iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus||button used to decrease the volume|
|iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s and earlier versions.||Home button|
- Press the button while your iPhone is connected to the computer with help of the cable. Hold it until you see recover mode on your screen.
- Now open iTunes on your PC or Mac, find your iPhone on it, and choose the option of restore when you will be asked to restore or update. Wait until the restoration process finishes and set up your iPhone to use it again.
How to Protect Your Data if You Forgot Your iPhone Password?
Actually, there is no way present to protect your data, once your iPhone is locked and you forgot your iPhone Password. In such the worst scenario, only backup will help to revive your data once your iPhone is restored. As a result, it is highly advisable to protect your data by taking a backup of it from time to time. But for that, you must know how to back up data. So, here are the steps to back up your data:
- Open settings on your iPhone and click on your username present at the top.
- Now, click on the option of iCloud in the options given.
- Then scroll down, and click on iPhone backup, turn it on to start back up.
- Click on ok to turn on the backup process.
- Even, you will get an option of manual backup on the same screen written as ‘Backup now’.
- You can take a backup of the data from time to time manually by clicking on it.
How to Revive Data After Restoring an iPhone?
The steps to restore the backed-up data in an iPhone are as follows:
- Turn on your newly erased or restored iPhone.
- Now, click on Set Up Manually, and tap on Restore from iCloud Backup to back up the data, after that, you have to just follow the instructions shown on the screen.
Your data will be restored.
There is no alternative present with you other than to restore your iPhone, if you forgot your password. As a result, ensure that you are taking a backup from time to time. We hope this article was helpful. Please tell us your opinion in the comment section below.
Thanks for Reading