Snapchat is one of the most interesting texting apps that is available on the internet. Even, It’s interface, features, and tools are much more exciting. We know giving up on it was a difficult decision for you. But if you have decided to finally delete your Snapchat account for any reason, then we are here to help you out. We will help you by discussing in details the process of How to Delete your Snapchat account in 2023?
How to delete your Snapchat account For Android or Web users?
Let’s directly jump to the main question of this article, which is how to delete your Snapchat account. The steps for it are easy and simple. You have to just follow the following steps to delete your Snapchat account:
|No Information was given on the official page of Snapchat on whether Android users can delete their account on the app(i.e. on a phone). As per it, the users can delete their account only by visiting the official page of Snapchat. As a result, we prefer to tell you the same method.|
- Open the official website of Snapchat. You can open it from here as well https://www.snapchat.com/
- Now, click on Log in to chat option available on the home screen of the website.
- As you will click on it, You will be asked either to fill in your Username or Email ID. Fill in the suitable one and your password.
- Click on login and then click on the’ Delete my Account’ option.
- As you will do so, you will be required to fill in your Username and Password once again.
- Select continue, and you can see a message on your screen notifying you that your account is deactivated.
The question that might arise in your mind here is, how does my Snapchat account got deleted if it is just deactivated?
The answer to this question is that Snapchat has a particular step-by-step procedure for account deletion. Under it, Your account will be first deactivated by the developers for the first 30 days and then, they will start the deletion process which will take another 30 days. Overall, your account will take 2 months to get completely deleted.
How to delete your Snapchat account For iOS users?
Follow the following steps to delete your Snapchat account on your iPhone:
- Open Your profile on Snapchat on your iPhone.
- Tap on the setting icon present in your profile screen to open settings on your iPhone.
- Click on ‘account actions’ by scrolling your screen down.
- As you will click on it, you will get an option to ‘delete account’. Click on it.
- And continue to follow the instructions shown on your screen to delete your account.
Snapchat has a particular step-by-step procedure for account deletion. Under it, Your account will be first deactivated by the developers for the first 30 days and then, they will start the deletion process which will take another 30 days. Overall, your account will take 2 months to get completely deleted.
What will happen when you have deleted your Snapchat account?
When you will delete your account, following things will happen:
- As stated earlier, the immediate effect of it will be that your account will be deactivated for 30 days.
Will my friends be able to see my account when deleted?
In those 30 days, your friends will be unable to interact with you in any way on Snapchat. They will no longer be able to send you any messages, texts, or snap.
Will my Account continue to appear on Snapchat when deleted?
No, Users will no longer be able to see your account once deleted. Your account will disappear from Snapchat as soon as you have requested for account deletion.
If I delete my Snapchat account, will it delete any saved messages?
Yes, as you will apply for account deletion, all your saved data and snaps will get deleted. They will get permanently deleted. You can save it only by taking screenshots prior to the account deletion process.
Can you restore your Snapchat account, once deleted?
Yes, you can restore your Snapchat account when deleted, but this can be done only within the first 30 days after applying for account deletion.
How to Reactivate your Snapchat account if deleted?
It is very easy to reactivate your deactivated or deleted account. Once again, just a reminder that you can delete it only within 30 days of deletion. For it, open Snapchat and type in your username and password and try to log in. Your Username is a must to reactivate your account, as it doesn’t accept an Email ID for account reactivation. This login process can take up to 24 hours to be processed. As a result, wait at least for a day to check whether your account is reactivated or not.
You can easily delete your Snapchat account. The steps vary for Android and iOS users, but still, they are pretty simple for both. Just the processing time for account deletion is 2 months. After 2 months, your entire data with Snapchat will be deleted except the one that is legally required by them for verification or other necessary purposes. We hope the article was useful. Please tell us your opinion in the comment section below.
Thanks for Reading
How Long does the Hourglass Last on Snapchat Streaks?
What Does SND Mean On Snapchat?
Why Your Snapchat Account Is Locked and How to Unlock It?
How To Change Password On Facebook?