Facebook is one of the oldest and most famous social media platforms. We sometimes as a user do not realize the importance of a password of our social media accounts, but taking them so lightly can be dangerous for us. Being a social media platform, a huge threat of hacking is present on it. As a result, keeping a simple password like Abc(your name)123 can be actually a stupid act. There is actually a need for a strong password for users for their accounts. This article is a complete guide to change password on Facebook?. To know more about how to change password on Facebook read this post till the end.
Why should You use a strong password on Facebook?
A strong password is a password that is difficult for hackers to hack. It is a password that is difficult to predict, not only by the person but by the computer as well. Normally it is recommended that a strong password is one that is long and at the same time, uses special characters, lower and upper case, numbers, etc.
Things to Keep In Mind To Change Password On Facebook?
Following are the things that we should keep in mind for a strong password:
- Avoid using your personal information such as name, nickname, etc. They are pretty easy to guess.
- Make use of numbers in your password and try to keep the numbers as hard as possible. Avoid using your important dates such as birthday or anniversary, because it is normally known by all.
- Make use of special characters such as Dollars, percentages, etc. They can be a bit confusing and difficult to guess.
- Avoid any real words or phrases from the dictionary, and make use of letters such that they together do not resemble something.
- Make use of either the upper case or lower case in your password to make it a strong password.
It is normally recommended to change your password from time to time, in order to make it a strong password. For it, you must know how to change the password. To change the password, you must have access to your account which means you must be logged in to the account.
How to Log in to Facebook to Change Password On Facebook? ?
Following are the steps to log in if you have logged out yourself from Facebook:
- Open Facebook in the app (if using a mobile) or open https://www.facebook.com/on your PC or Mac.
- You will see the option of login or sign up, Click on the fields or blank boxes shown on the screen,
- Fill in the necessary information in it, such as your username and password.
- Now, click on Login to log in yourself.
How to log in When You Have Forgotten the Password?
Following are the steps that you can follow:
- Click on Forgot Password on the login page.
- As you will click on it, you will see a page either asking for an E-mail or Phone number. Provide the one that was present in your profile and that you prefer as well.
- If Facebook is able to match your Email or Phone number, then click on continue.
- If you enter a name in the search field and is able to find your account then click on ‘this is my account’ otherwise click on ‘I am not in this list’.
- After that, Keep on following the instruction given by Facebook to find your account.
How to change your Password on Facebook?
After you have logged in yourself, you will have the access to your account. Now, you can easily change your password. Following are the steps that you have to follow to change your password:
- After logging in, click on the dropdown arrow present on your screen in the top right corner.
- In the submenu opened, click on ‘Setting and Privacy’.
- Click on setting from the options that will be shown on your screen.
- Further, select the option ‘Security and Login’ for the password.
- Now, click on ‘Change Password’ in the Login section.
- A page will open for password change. Type in your Old and New password in it as per the requirement.
- Click on save changes to finally change your password.
We should actually realize the importance of a strong password instead of neglecting it. The steps for password change are very simple. We have told you that in detail. We hope this article was useful, and if so, then please tell us in the comment section below.
Thanks for Reading
Also check: What Does SND Mean On Snapchat?