If you want to change your Instagram password for some reason, like because you forgot your Instagram password, because of some privacy issues, or threats like cyber crimes. In such situations it is advisable to keep your social media account protected and secured. Experts recommend the users to change their passwords at least once in 6 months for every social media account. So to change your Instagram password, you have to log in to your account without a password. In this post, we have given the complete details on how to change your Instagram password, so let’s discuss.
How to Login To Instagram?
To change your password you must have access to your account, If you have not used your account for a long time or you have logged out from Instagram, then you have to first log in yourself.
You can log in yourself to Instagram by following the steps mentioned below:
- Simply, Open your Instagram on the app if you are using a smartphone, or open it on the official website if you are using a PC or MAC. You can even click on the following link to open the Login page- https://www.instagram.com/
- Now, type in your user ID and password in the Fields given on the Login page.
- For once, check all the information again and then click on Login to log in yourself on Instagram.
and you will have the access to your account.
How to log in to Instagram Without a Password?
If you are not able to log in yourself on Instagram, simply because you have forgotten your Instagram password, then you can follow the following methods to Login Yourself:
- For it, the simplest method will be to click on Forgot password option available on the Login screen, it is the easiest method to log in yourself.
- As you will click on Forgot password, the Instagram help center will help you out.
- They will either ask for your username, Email, or Phone number.
- Provide that and continue to follow their instructions. Provide the necessary information asked by them during this process.
- As you will do so, you will receive a link that will help you to log in. It will allow you to log in either with the help of One Time Password or by allowing you to change your password.
What If Instagram won’t let you log in?
Recently, many users were not able to log in themselves to Instagram. One or another reason was given by Instagram. There can be many reasons for such error, such as-
- Putting in the wrong Login information can also be a reason for which Instagram would not allow you to log in.
- Another reason for your inability can be Instagram status, when its server is down then too it doesn’t allow the user to log in themselves.
- A poor internet connection can also be a reason for such an error.
- If you are putting the wrong username or is using @ along with your username, then too it will not allow you to log in, etc.
Few of the ways that you can use to log in yourself are as follows:
- If it is because of a poor connection then you must check your internet connection, It might help you to log in.
- Cross-check your username, either with the help of your friend or family with whom you are connected on it.
- Try to reset your password. It can also solve the problem.
- Update your Instagram, using an old version can also lead to such problems.
- Or, You can try to refresh the webpage and clear the cache(this is possible if you are using Instagram either on a PC or Mac.)
How to change your Instagram Password?
After getting access to your account, You can easily change your password. You have to just follow the following steps to change your Instagram password:
- To Login yourself, go to your profile by clicking on your profile picture on the bottom right-hand side.
- Now, just click on the three bars available in the top right corner of the screen.
- And go to Settings, In settings click on ‘Security’ to change the password.
- In the page opened, click on the password accompanied by a sign of key.
- As soon as, you will do so, You will get a page asking you to fill in your Old and New password.
- Fill in the required information and click on change password to change it.
And, you have successfully changed your Instagram password.
These were a few of the problems that users generally face while using Instagram. We hope, we were able to help you out with your problem. If so, then please tell us in the comment section. You can even leave your doubts there, we will surely try to solve them up.
Thanks for reading
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account in 2023?
What Does SND Mean On Snapchat?
How To View Private Instagram Profiles ?